Director’s Financial Reporting Essentials
To serve on a board, one must understand the roles and responsibilities of a director adequately. It is also imperative that one understand and appreciate financial reports to discharge his or her duties effectively.
This highly rated one-day course aims to equip directors of listed and non-listed companies, who have limited or no financial or accounting background, with the basic accounting knowledge as well as practical tips and considerations when reviewing their company’s financial statements for approval. This includes how to work with the auditors to resolve any concerns raised, including complex accounting matters.
Mr Daniel Chee, who will facilitate the session, has vast experience in the accounting profession, having worked for one of the Big 4 accounting firms both in Singapore and in the United Kingdom. He also held senior positions in several MNCs and was an adjunct associate professor at NUS Business School.
The session will cover :
• Internal controls over financial reporting
• Accounting framework and standards
• Basic financial reporting requirements
• Questions to be raised when reviewing financial statements
• Findings from ACRA’s Financial Reporting Surveillance Programme
• What an audit entails and how to work with your auditors to resolve issues
• Directors’ duties and review expected for XBRL filings
As this course is supported by ACRA, there will be a subsidy of $300 per eligible director who attend this training before 31 Dec 2017.