EPCIC Contract Management & Essential Elements of International Contract Laws
About the Course
This workshop is facilitated such as to learn how to negotiate rigid contracts where contractors are not allowed to edit any clauses during the bidding process. The participants will learn from the Case Law Reports and analysis so as to take home lessons learned from bitter experiences of the peers in the industry. It is designed to help those who need a solution to manage current contractual issues or those who execute contracts on a daily basis and want to be more proficient in reviewing, administering or managing their contracts and projects.
By attending this 3-days intensive workshop, you will be able to:
- Enhance your current knowledge of the legal principles governing international Contracts from formation, execution to breaches, redresses and dispute resolution either as a party or as a consortium member or as a co-venturer.
- Manage Consortium and Joint Venture Partners inter-relationship and contractual responsibilities.
- Identify dangerous exposures due to joint and severally liable requirements of consortium based contracts.
- Effectively Manage Risks of Your Projects, With Enforceable Contract Documents, by learning the purpose and potential benefits of maintaining evidence in compliance to the contract clauses.
- Learn the Contract Enforcement Nuggets of Owners and the Variation Claims Strategies of the Contractors from a practitioner, who has worked and consulted, for major EPCIC contractors in Oil & Gas segments and Offshore & Marine, construction yards.
- Allocation of contract management related roles / assignments and WBS within consortium partners for effective project management and profitable results.
- Use of Contract Terms & Conditions for enhancing project performance, monitoring, reporting and achieving timely completion, thereby avoiding delays and disputes.
On completion of the workshop, the participants will be able to apply the following:
- How to manage Consortium Partners, Contractors and Owners representatives
- Project management strictly in accordance with the contract and the corporate strategies
- How to ensure that Variations Order claims are appropriately managed in turnkey and lump-sum contracts
- Manage contemporary challenges and market factors with direct or indirect impact on the contracts
- Managing all members of the Supply Chain from vendors to logistics services providers
- Cost Engineering and Performance Management
- When and how to obtain / grant extension of time (EOT) and costs
- Ability to identify rights and obligations of each party to a contract instead of making subjective decisions
- Ability to be firm in negotiations without violating terms of the agreements
- Ability to spot different legal systems, contract laws and arbitration rules
- Ability to negotiate and avoidance of disputes and resolution in amicable manner, in accordance with the provisions of the contract
- Competency in developing and maintaining documentary evidence and traceability for all works executed during the project.
Who should not Miss this Workshop?
Heads of EPCIC Business Units, Contracts Managers, Project Directors, General Managers and Project Managers, Corporate Legal Counsels, Procurements and Supply Chain Managers, Lawyers and Legal Professionals interested in EPCIC Segments of the Oil & Gas Industry.