12 Part Series – Addressing Challenges in Dispute Resolution Clauses for Maritime & Offshore Contracts
This 12 part Virtual but Interactive Practitioner-Led (“VIP“) series of discussion sessions are developed to expose the pitfalls of default dispute resolution clauses and consequences faced by the parties in Maritime and Offshore Industries. Each session is devoted to one specific challenge, related case study, applicable legal principles and recommendations for managing your business amicably and profitably.
Schedule: The Sessions are generally scheduled for Wednesdays and to be completed within 3 months.
Time: 09:00 GMT or as indicated under individual sessions
Duration: 45 minutes for presentation followed by 45 minutes of Q & A session
Booking: Individually at standard rate or full set of 12 sessions at discounted rate for the price of 10 sessions
Free Gift: “A Guidebook on Drafting Dispute Resolution Clause for Marine and Offshore Industry,” and summary of discussions held during the 12 sessions will be presented to the participants who have attended 7 or more sessions.
Topics by Sessions
- Anatomy of Default Dispute Resolution Clauses
- Amending or Avoiding the Default Clause When Dispute has Erupted
- Stages or Tiers in a Dispute Resolution Clause
- Multiple or Conflicting Dispute Resolution Clauses
- Role of Mediation in Resolving International Maritime Disputes
- Forum Shopping for Litigation or Arbitration
- Applying Security for Costs in Arbitration or Courts
- Arresting Ship for Security for Claim or for Costs
- Multi-party Dispute Resolution Clause
- Estimating and Controlling Costs of Dispute Resolution Forums
- Drafting and Reviewing the Dispute Resolution Clause
- Lessons Learned and Recap of 11 Sessions of Dispute Resolution Clause
You may book individually or for the full series as a package of 12 sessions.
If you choose to book for full set after attending the first 3 sessions, then the price paid for the sessions attended will be adjusted in the package cost, if informed by email in advance.