Specially Designed For Offshore Support Vessels Owners, Operators, Managers And Charterers Operating In Asia And Mena Region
Mitigating Risk and Safeguarding against Conflicts & Disputes – A strategic option to maximize Net Profitability or optimize Chartering Costs exposure!
This 3 day training program is an advanced level course, with a hands-on workshop for management executives with prior knowledge of contract law and experience in Charterparty management. The course is designed from an operators and practitioner’s perspective, so as to equip the business owners and managers with necessary knowledge and expertise in shortest possible time, by learning from the bitter experiences of their predecessors.
Participants will be guided through a word-by-word review, evaluation and interpretation of the TIME CHARTER PARTY Forms like SUPPLYTIME, EPTIME and NOC CPA. Participants will also be exposed to the art of drafting of the project specific clauses or rider clauses.
Key Learning Outcomes
In this 3 day training course, participants will gain enhanced familiarity with the terms and conditions often used in the context of a Charterparty. At the end of the session, participants will be able to understand the common clauses used and how it should be applied:
- Interpret the meaning of each Clause and its implication;
- Identify the responsibilities and liabilities of the Parties;
- Translate the scope of services into actionable list of activities;
- Integrate the organizational objectives and economic factors into the Charterparty;
- Identify the risks & exposures and define risk sharing mechanism;
- Identify relevant insurance covers and mandatory requirements for the specific Charterparty;
- Analyze the indemnity clauses and waivers provided in the Charterparty;
- Familiarize with potential causes of conflicts and disputes;
- Identify ambiguities and irrelevant terms; and
- Learn to manage disputes in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Who Should Attend
This course is focused in providing an in-depth understanding of the terms and conditions of a Charterparty and the interpretation in context of relevant maritime legal principles. This is an essential course for experienced practitioners including:
- Ship Owners / Directors
- Shipbuilders and Repairers
- Chartering and Contracts Managers
- Financing Managers and Investment Analysts
- Corporate Legal Counsels
- Project Managers
- Masters and Chief Engineers
- Managers marked for Succession Planning
- Manufacturers and Suppliers of Equipment’s to Offshore Oil & Gas Industry