EPC Contracts Management for Power Plants – in Context of International Laws
Must Attend Course for Non-Legal and Para-Legal Professionals engaged in Managing Power Plants or related Projects and Contracts during and Post Development Stages!
By attending this 3-day, intensive workshop, you will be able to:
- Gain Working Knowledge of the legal principles governing international Contracts from tender invitation, bid submission, contract formation, execution to breaches, redresses and dispute resolution.
- Safeguard Corporate Interests by understanding the basic principles of contract management in plain English and learning simple contract language, so as to identify risks and develop risk mitigation techniques.
- Quickly Identify Dangerous Words/Phrases in the project correspondences, which could cost your company millions.
- Effectively Manage Risks of Your Projects, With Enforceable Contract Documents, by learning the purpose and potential benefits of maintaining evidence in compliance to the contract clauses.
- Learn the Contract Enforcement Nuggets of Clients and the Variation Claims Strategies of the Contractors from a practitioner, who has worked and consulted, for major EPCIC contractors in Oil & Gas segments, Power Plants and Offshore & Marine construction yards.
- Effectively Use Your Project Execution Time by adopting the issue-spotting checklists and innovative tools for avoiding contractual pitfalls.
- Use of Contract Terms & Conditions for enhancing project performance, monitoring, reporting and achieving timely completion, thereby avoiding delays and disputes.
Who Must Attend this Workshop?
- Heads of Power Plant Development Business Units
- Contracts Managers
- Project Directors
- General Managers and Project Managers
- Corporate Legal Counsels
- Procurements and Supply Chain Managers
- Professionals interested in EPCIC Segments of the Power Plant Industry
- OVERVIEW OF POWER PLANT DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
Get to Know the Motivations behind the Launch of a Power Plant
- STRUCTURE OF CONTRACT DOCUMENTS FOR POWER PLANT PROJECTS
Defining the Terms of Engagement as EPC or EPCIC Contractor
- FAMILIARIZATION WITH CONTRACT LAWS AND LEGAL PRINCIPLES
Which and How Many Laws are Applicable
- ITB, TENDERS AND BIDS EVALUATION PROCESS
ITB Documentation and Contracts
- THE CRITICAL CONTRACT CLAUSES
Clauses Critical To Keep the Project Moving
- PROJECT DELAY AND CLAIMS
- WHEN THINGS REALLY GET OUT OF CONTROL
- PROJECT COSTING AND ECONOMIC MODELLING!
Ensuring Competitiveness and Profitability
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION THROUGH ADR FORUMS AND ARBITRATION
- Disputes can be unavoidable but keep them manageable!
- PUTTING INTO PRACTICE – HANDS-ON WORKSHOP
The plenary sessions shall be conducted in groups and facilitated by the Workshop Leader!
Review of a Standard Form Contract (FIDIC EPC Form for Power Plants Construction) and in Context of a dispute between Design Consultants and the EPC Contractor!