OSV CHARTERING & CHARTERPARTY MANAGEMENT WITH ESSENTIALS ELEMENTS OF MARITIME LAWS
This hands-on workshop will take a practical approach, to sharpen your negotiation skills, when reviewing or drafting Charterparty Contracts. It is designed to help those who need a refresher on the contractual issues. For those who manage Charters and Chartering of OSVs on a daily basis and would like to be more proficient in reviewing, administering or managing their fleet and Contracts, this is a must attend training course.
This Modular workshop comprises of the 5 modules:
1. Principles of Contract Laws, International Maritime Laws and their relevance to the OSV Charters and OSV Shipbuilding Contracts
2. Contents of a Charterparty Agreement and Standard Forms for Various Types of OSVs (PSV, AHT, AHTS, Barges, MPSV, SBV, FSIV, ROV, Crane-Ships, Drill Ships and Accommodation & Pipe-Laying Barges etcetera)
3. Interpretation and Implication of Each Clause in a Charterparty Form
4. Post Fixture Challenges, Exposures, Liabilities, P & I Covers and H & M Insurances
5. Dispute Resolution – Mediation, Litigation or Arbitration?
Who Must Attend?
OSV Owners, Charterers and Offshore Field Operations Managers, Commercial and Marketing Directors, Corporate Legal Counsels, Practicing Maritime Lawyers interested in OSV Sectors, Fleet Managers and Superintendents, Operations Managers, Masters, Post-fixture Managers, Investment Analysts and Offshore Credit Risk Managers of Financial Institutions, Managers from Platform Operators and Organizations engaged in Offshore E & P Projects.
Attractiveness of this Training Course
- Issue Focused: This course is focused on interpretation and application of clauses in the various Charterparty Forms, based on special request from the OSV industry segment;
- Expert Trainer: The Course developer and the trainer is ex-mariner and an experienced professional from within the industry;
- Real Life Case Studies: The course is driven by day to day practical issues faced by the peers;
- Role of Maritime Laws: The cases will demonstrate the influence of international conventions; and
- Methodology: Participants will be equipped with the easy to understand “Methodology for Negotiating Successful Charterparty” through exercises and group workshops.
Testimonials about this training
“This course is very unique and taught tirelessly to understand all unknown hidden perils in charterparty contract changes and its implications. This is one of the best courses” Contract Specialist, ENI Australia
“This is a very good training for those who work closely and related to the OSV industry especially those in Commercial, Technical & Operation Department. This training will make us more alert during the negotiation of contact” Commercial Officer, Jasa Merin
“Very informative and realistic scenarios” Logistics Operations Team Lead, Shell Philippines Exploration
“This course is good for effective risk management.” Snr Commercial Executive, Jasa Merin
“Great course with great detail and real-life examples” Marine Contracts, Sarawak Shell
“This entire course is very enjoyable and beneficial.” Senior Coordinator Supply & Marine Ops, Bahrain Petroleum
“A very well conducted and comprehensively covered subject” Commercial Co-Ordinator, Swire Pacific Offshore Operations
Jayems is a good consultant and very professional and knowledgeable, he raised my interest in knowing more into maritime laws” Bibby Offshore
“A well designed course for the OSV industry. I strongly recommend this for candidates without legal background” Head of Wells Logistic, Hallin Marine Singapore